As you can see from the photo of Bearskin Neck, Rockport streets can be very busy on a summer day. There is limited parking in the center of town and you can only feed the meters 2 hours worth of quarters, which is not long enough to take a kayak tour and get back in time to avoid getting a parking ticket (and unfortunately, the Rockport meter readers are very diligent!)
There is very limited parking at the end of Bearskin Neck, so don't count on parking there, particularly on a summer weekend!
But don't despair, you have a few options:
- Park in the Park and Ride lot outside of town and take the trolley
- Find street parking outside of the center of town where there are no meters
- Take the train – it's about a 10 minute walk to Bearskin Neck from the train station
- If you have time to look for a metered spot and someone to feed the meter for you, you can check the streets or the end of Bearskin Neck or T Wharf for a spot – watch out for walkers and good luck!
- Have your private helicopter drop you off on our NSKOC helipad on the roof of the shop. (just kidding).
Whatever your choice, please allow plenty of extra time to get here!